Thursday, October 8, 2009

Still active, just lazy.

After I finished "Soul of a Lotus Eater" and after Anime Boston, I got really pumped to do the two AMVs I'm working on now, which are:

1. Anime: Gundam 00
Theme: Setsuna and Marina (Drama or Romance, haven't really decided yet, but still lots of Action too)
Song: Evil Morning - Crazy About You

I'm hoping to obtain a perfect mix of Action and Concept with this AMV (As most of the feedback on Soul Of A Lotus Eater was that it was ALL action and NO concept), and since the lyrics are Japanese I won't rely on lyric matching (which is sometimes my downfall) and will come up with something original.

2. Anime: Black Heaven
Theme: Comedy
Song: Paul Gilbert - Older Guy

In an attempt to come up with a perfect AMV concept I stumbled upon this song which matches this Anime perfectly. The song was literally written for the main character of Black Heaven and it is utterly hilarious. I hope to win big concept points with this one.

I have all the footage I need for both these AMVs, DVD rips of both seasons of Gundam 00 and decent rips of Black Heaven (not quite DVD, but good enough). I just need to buckle down and get them done. I just started my first full time job (Jr. Web Developer at an Ad Agency) in July and have been working hard, and in my free time I have video games to get through, Anime to catch up on, and have just been lazy with the AMVs. I already have a bit of progress with the Gundam 00 one, and the Black Heaven one shouldn't take long to make. So look forward for some updates on the progress, some previews, and then the finished AMVs!

*Update*
I have added the songs in my current AMVs to the sidebar.
Check them out!

No comments: